WARSAW, POLAND – SEPTEMBER 29th – Klabater and Foolish Mortals Games are pleased to confirm that the 2D pixel art turn-based strategy game, Kaiju Wars, will be released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox in 2022.
Kaiju (“strange beast”) is a Japanese movie genre featuring giant beasts. The term kaiju refers to the behemoths usually depicted while attacking major cities and engaging the military in disastrous battles leaving cities in ruins. The 1954 film Godzilla is commonly regarded as the first kaiju movie.
Kaiju Wars developed by a talented Foolish Mortals Games team is a new take on the genre that blends stylish pixel art graphics with engaging turn-based tactical gameplay that will surely draw the attention of aficionados of games like Into the Breach.
Face a Kaiju infestation as the (hopelessly) outclassed military in this stylish 2D turn-based strategy game. Construct buildings and defend your city with cannon-fodder tanks, jets, and more as the devastating kaiju grow in power with every attack. Your chief scientist is working on an anti-monster serum, but it’s not ready yet! Be prepared to evacuate the laboratory using transport trucks, boats, or planes when the monster gets too close. Fight for time, fight for survival!
‘Kaiju Wars caught our attention right away. We love classic kaiju films and with this game, you can actually play through one of them!“- said Michal Gembicki, Joint-CEO at Klabater – „If you loved Into the Breach, Kaiju Wars is the one for you. Foolish Mortals Games team did an amazing job blending these classic movies feeling with engaging tactical combat and large-scale plot depicting the fall of last human cities.’
Kaiju Wars main features:
Command the army!
- We need more time! – Park tanks and jets in the monster’s path to slow it down
- Construct buildings! – Build some sacrificial army bases and airfields just to keep them busy.
- Deploy experimental weapons! – Conventional weapons aren’t enough; construct experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.
Fight the KAIJU!
- Five unique creatures! – Each specializing in different types of destruction.
- They mutate! – Tremble in fear as they grow stronger and gain devastating abilities.
- Unstoppable! – Kaiju can’t be killed, but can only be slowed down and forced to fall back… for now.
- Predictable! – They move towards the nearest building and your scientists have analyzed the exact odds they step on each tile!
- Uncover the Mystery – Strange things are happening: frequent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, and earthquakes. Find out why during an 8+ hour story-based campaign.
- Let the full-scale war begin! – Play missions from all over the world as you progress through the varied campaigns. Test your wits in tactical puzzles, command dozens of units in large-scale scenarios, and fend off repeated attacks while trying to boost your city economy in city defense missions.
- Upgrade your ACES – Veteran ACE units accompany you throughout your campaign. Spend medals to upgrade their stats.
- Customize your Project Deck – Unlock powerful Project cards, customize your deck and bring your best to compete on the online leaderboard!
Create your battles!
- Create your City or Scenario – Simple and easy to use, scenarios can be crafted in minutes using the drag and drop map editor.
- Share your creations online – Share your Cities or Maps online using Steam Workshop integration.
- Compete with other players! – Gain the top spot on the Weekly Challenge leaderboards.
Kaiju Wars is scheduled for 2022 (more information soon!) on PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch. Visit the Steam site.