Warsaw, Poland | March 2nd, 2023 – We are happy to announce that the touching roguelike card game Iris and the Giant is finally available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Iris and the Giant is a fusion of a collectible card game with RPG and roguelike elements. You play as Iris, who must brave her fears in her imaginary world. Behind the game’s unique minimalist art style players will explore a touching story of a young woman facing her inner demons and soothing the raging giant inside.
The base game is priced at €/$14.99. If one likes to download its beautiful soundtrack, it can be purchased in the Deluxe Soundtrack Edition for €/$16.99, or separately for €/$3.99.
Preview the soundtrack:
Iris and the Giant – watch the cinematic Release Trailer
Iris and the Giant is the third of five games agreed to be ported and published by Klabater on PlayStation and Xbox consoles, from the portfolio of the french studio Goblinz Publishing. Klabater has ported and published the critically acclaimed Legend of Keepers and As Far As The Eye. The upcoming premieres will also include Defend the Rook, announced to be released on March 16th, and Terraformers later this year.
“In Klabater, we love narrative games; one can understand that by reviewing our catalog. Promoting the story of Iris, created by talented Louis Rigaud, and giving this title another shot out after its past releases on PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile, was a pure pleasure to our team. We saw that the game has also caught the attention of media and influencers who shared our sentiment towards the game design and the story.” – said Justyna Urbanska, marketing and PR manager at Klabater.
Download press kit for arts, banners and transparent logos
- Tactical battles: face monsters in fights mixing CCG mechanics with RPG and roguelike elements,
- Deckbuilding: build a deck as you progress. Choose the best options for your long-term strategy out of a wide variety of cards,
- Deep customization: the game is packed with 51 cards and choices that specialize your character, your deck, and your playstyle,
- A touching adventure: a lot of care was put into adding a compelling and emotional story to a genre traditionally light on narrative,
- A progressive difficulty curve: makes the game accessible to many, but offers a challenge to even the most hardened of players.
The press already started their reviews, will you share your score?
27.02.2023 | 80/100 – The Xbox Hub
What Iris and the Giant lacks with its minimalistic style, it more than makes up with addictive card-play. The emotional narrative is subtle yet works greatly due to the little nuances from Iris’ life incorporated into the gameplay. And the gameplay is where it thrives.