WARSAW – October 28, 2021 – Klabater SA has started collecting funds on the Gamefound website for the board edition of their flagship title, Crossroads Inn. The board adaptation of the best-selling Klabater production known so far from PC and consoles will allow 2-4 players to compete for the title of the best innkeeper in the kingdom of Yorevale!
Check out the details of the campaign on the Gamefound website. The goal of the fundraising is EUR 20,000, which will be entirely used to finance the production and distribution of the game. We have prepared for all visitors a free, digitally available, beautifully illustrated cookbook in the style of Crossroads Inn. The book contains 12 special recipes from the world of the game. In addition, everyone supporting our fundraiser campaign will be able to test the board game in advance by playing its digital edition available through the Tabletop Simulator application on Steam!
What’s more, Klabater has a special offer for those who decide to support the game within the first 48 hours of the campaign – a specially designed First Player Marker in the form of a 3D printed figurine representing Martyn Brevet – the legendary innkeeper from Yorevale known from the PC and console versions of the game!
Why is it worth backing the game now?
- You can be certain you’ll get to play the game first, without having to wait for the normal retail edition!
- The exclusive Innkeepers Edition will not be available for sale outside of Gamefound – you can purchase this lavish limited version of the game at an affordable price only during the crowdfunding campaign.
- Only on Gamefound, players will have access to special Kingdom Cards (x10), which significantly affect the gameplay by adding new scenarios.
- Only during this campaign, players will be able to get a unique First Player Marker in the form of a 3D Martyn Brevet figurine!
- You support a unique idea – there are few board games in which you can put on the mantle of a prospering tavern owner and a contender to the royal throne at the same time!
The hard life of an innkeeper, or a tavern, bastards, and a race for power!
Crossroads Inn: The Board Game is a strategic and economic board game that, like its digital original, will allow players to manage the development of their inn. The game takes place in the kingdom of Yorevale, where – absolutely accidentally – monarchs keep dying, and their illegitimate children have to compete with each other for influence and power. Players will take on the roles of royal bastards and try to take over the crown. To avoid a bloody civil war, a deal is made, and an honorable bet is born: whoever builds the best inn will become not only the “king” of local gastronomy but also the king of all of Yorevale!
“We have put a lot of effort to make this campaign worth fans’ time and money. We have decided to raise funds on the Gamefound platform because that’s where board game fans are and we want to reach them directly. We now have more than 1500 followers so we hope to have a decent launch of our campaign. – says Michał Gembicki, Joint-CEO at Klabater.
How to become the king of local gastronomy… and of a small kingdom along the way!
In Crossroads Inn: The Board Game players will build an inn from scratch and prepare unique meals, all to meet the expectations of guests from various social classes. It doesn’t matter if it’s simple and folksy Distressed or sublime and capricious representatives of the nobility – everyone wants to drink and eat well. The gameplay will be based on predicting – and blocking! – the actions of the rest of the bastard siblings who run the competing taverns. The one who unscrupulously uses the gold, rumors, and weaknesses of their opponents, will win. There is room for many innkeepers in the kingdom… but there can be only one king! Crossroads Inn: The Board Game offers many ways of achieving this goal. Buying new furniture, getting unique recipes and ingredients for dishes, well-trained employees – everything can help the player achieve the final victory. And if that’s not enough, seductive Vedetas and silver-tongued bards will take care of the needs of even the most demanding guests.
Crossroads Inn: The Board Game offers:
- Thrilling strategic and economic gameplay for 2-4 players!
- Two dishes on one plate – become the “king” of gastronomy, and at the same time… the king of Yorevale!
- Five different social classes of guests whose favor the players must win. Distressed, Outlaws, Travellers, Townsfolk, and Nobles – each class prefers a different type of food and interior design!
- “Prestige track”, or the way to one’s heart is through their stomach – a unique mechanic that allows you to win the game with fame and prestige points.
- A system of spreading negative rumors about the competition. Decide whether to slander other players politically, economically, or perhaps with the help of rumors from the Yorevale travel routes.
- A unique fantasy world from the original PC game – but served with ‘a pinch of salt.’
- Hire and fire employees; plague your opponents with an arsenal of dirty tricks.